2015-01-11

Clocktower-project ready for painting

After a very nice christmas-holiday I am now back to a new year and new challenges. My first blog-publication 2015 is about the clocktower-project. I now have made all the details and cut all
the bricks from friggolit/polystyren. I have also made a small "stone-building".The tiles on the clock-tower is also made and cut from cardboard.On top of each side of the clock-tower I glued on some nicely detailed strips that came out quite good when
mounted. To the clock I attached a small strip of thread.On the base I cut out and glued small bits of cardboard that will look like a stone-base when painted. Next and final step will be to paint it all.


Efter en mycket mysig Jul-ledighet är jag nu tillbaka till ett nytt år med nya utmaningar.Mitt första blogg-inlägg handlar om mitt klockstapel-projekt.Jag är nu klar med alla mina detaljer och har skurit ut samtliga stenar i  friggolit/polystyren.Jag har även byggt
en liten "sten-byggnad". Takpannorna på klockstapeln är skurna ur kartong.Som avslutning till varje sida på klockstapeln har jag limmat några passande lister med profiler som jag tycker blev
ganska bra.Har även knutit en tråd till klockan.
Basningen har försetts med trappsteg och små bitar i kartong som kommer att se ut som sten när de är klara. Det sista och avslutande momentet blir att måla allt.













21 kommentarer:

  1. Svar
    1. Many thanks "Laffe". :) To work with friggolit was really interessting and I think that this material has a lot of potential.

      Radera
  2. You have been busy. I do love all the extra little details you've added, especially the small building. This will look a great model when finished.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Busy indeed my friend. Thankyou for making this comment.I will keep you updated when "the lick of paint" is made. ;)

      Radera
  3. wow, really good!
    i'm waiting to see it painted!
    bye

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou Luca. To get some inspiration I have looked at pictures on buildings made in Italy and Great Britain. Ciao

      Radera
  4. Tremendous progress, it is looking great.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou very much Michael. Cardboard and polystyrene is very good materials to work with.

      Radera
  5. Very nice! I have been off my own terrain project for far too long. I need to get back on it and this is the kind of inspiration I need!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Kul att du fick lite skaparglädje tillbaka kompis. :) I am looking forward seeing some results touched by the hands of master-builder Nissvik. :)

      Radera
  6. I'm looking forward to see it painted, but I like it very much at this moment too :D

    SvaraRadera
  7. Thankyou very much for these kind words "Fed". :) The materials that I have used were very versatile and I got a lot of inspiration to build new things.I will keep you updated when I put on some paint.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. And I'll wait for your next projects then :D

      Radera
  8. Nice belltower! What if you used "masonitskivor" (Its swedish and a word for a specific material). You could make them like 2-3 cm wider than the actual building but you could cut so that you have a slope up or down, depending on point of reference?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou Christian.I have thought about this but it is always a question of space.Right now I have little space and that is the reason why I don´t make the baseplate wider.In the future they will be! :)

      Radera
  9. Lot's of new stuff since I looked at your blog. You've done some great progress. Fun to see you as motivated as you are.Keep up the good work

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thankyou Filip. One reason why I am so motivated is you and your projects.Thankyou my friend for being a motivator. :)

      Radera
  10. Very cool! Thanks for visiting my blog as well! Regards, Dean

    SvaraRadera
  11. Thankyou very much Dean! :) I will soon publish a update regarding the clocktower.

    SvaraRadera
  12. Great blog Peter, I loved seeing some of the really cool projects you've shared. The clock tower is an imposing piece of terrain! Looking forward to seeing it finished :-)

    SvaraRadera
  13. Thankyou Paul! :) The clocktower is almost finished.I will soon post a more coloured version.Next project will be a cemetery.

    SvaraRadera